code / playlist / game / arcade

Monday, March 03, 2014

Evercontinuous Cruft

Oh how the world never ceases to disappoint

As I lack an actual keyboard to post this just trust that I'm baffled by all the music companies attempting to license content through the likes of spotify mobile, rdio mobile, whatever else out there.  It's a hobgoblin messup.  What is everything based on radio stations and crap like this?  Makes me wonder how much 3rd party api coding is worth attempting... \(0-o)/

Granted I'm not one that is purporting to know the most effective way to sell access to music.  In fact I'm just going to keep the post about music since I won't pretend to know any more or less when it comes to any media however similar they are in procuring them for purposes of consumption.

My main boggle point is when did the Pandora model of a radio station of music that you may like based upon your confirmed tastes become the only way music can apparently be provided and even this I'm shaky on since most of those times I don't even get to listen to the song I initially chose (ie: the song that made the radio station in the first place)

So here's my thought.  Radio station free to play model? Sucks for plenty of reasons.  The industry needs to just stop defaulting to it and stop insulting us with the suggestions model.  As if it's doing what we want on top of doing us a favor of finding us new music to listen to.

NOT.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home