surrounded by disease
stuck in the hospital, with just a phone... Ugh. Wish I had a keyboard.
So I'm trying to make the best of it by learning what I can. Had a good chat with kev earlier, lucas popped in once and awhile too. The focus of the talk was on project 'night vision'! Yes! A new project name, X was getting old. :)
So we talked a bit about the scope of the project, and some general ideas about how different codebases will communicate.
Ok so thats enough mindless chatter, let's explain what this project is and why Lucas, Kev, Brett and Jim would be interested. We were a few of the guys that worked with the creation of xspf, which like most awesome things it gained some popularity and got used by quite a few people for their flash based mp3 players. The basics of the standard is pretty simple, as they've been used by many online however there are some more intriquing features of the format that deserves some more time. At first I thought perhaps a good reference library could be a good contribution, and I'll put that on the todo list :). What I decided was to implement the coolest part of the xspf format, content resolution.
the longer I sit not working on my resolver other projects have come to exist, most notably was Playdar, and when that lost some steam some of the authors got together with Tomahawk. I feel that it's not my place to make a player people might want to use, especially since everyone has their favorite player, for years, whose going to want to change away from that for a playlist format? Yah, exactly.
Don't get me wrong I've got some ideas, mostly plugins for existing players, some of which may need a little tweaking to be fully realized. Of course you'll hear all about the plugins and such related to xspf on this blog.
So I'll just wrap this post up and let some.verbiage come from a following post. Probably in the xspf blog specifically. Huzzah!
Labels: free time, hospital, revolution

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home